Andrew Feldstein is the Managing Partner of Feldstein Family Law Group, with offices in the Greater Toronto Area, and headquarters in Markham.
Mr. Feldstein graduated from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1992. Prior to focusing exclusively on family law, Mr. Feldstein’s legal practice covered many different areas, including Corporate Commercial, in addition to family law.
One of Mr. Feldstein’s fundamental objectives at Feldstein Family Law Group is to help his clients separate and divorce smoothly, efficiently, and fairly; meeting goals mutually set out by him and his clients.
Mr. Feldstein’s overall philosophy is to help his clients get on with their lives with a minimum of animosity and bad feelings.
He was honoured in 2010 with an inaugural appointment to the Dispute Resolution Officer (DRO) Panel for Newmarket Family Court. This appointment was made by the then-Senior Family Justice for Ontario, The Honourable Madame Justice Mary J. Hatton, and the Regional Senior Judge for the Central East Judicial Region of Ontario, The Honourable Mr. Justice Michael Brown. Lawyers appointed to this panel support the family law court process by aiding couples in attempts to resolve their issues before their case proceeds before a Judge. Mr. Feldstein was selected for this appointment because of his vast experience with and successful ability to resolve complex family law issues using alternatives to the traditional court methods, including the collaborative family law process.
Mr. Feldstein actively supports current law students, education and the legal profession by volunteering as a mentor for the Osgoode Hall Law School Mentor Program. His dedication to Osgoode Hall Law School students has resulted in extremely positive student feedback. He is the Chair of the Articling Committee at Feldstein Family Law Group.
Many media outlets have interviewed Mr. Feldstein. He believes it’s important for the public to understand the impact of family law, because all Canadians have all been touched by the effects of separation and divorce.
Mr. Feldstein is a member of:
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Ontario Bar Association
- The Canadian Bar Association National Council 2008-2012
- An OBA committee on family law reform which made submissions to the Law Reform Commission of Ontario (2009)
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- The AFCC Public Information Forum Working Group (2009)
- The AFCC Partnership Subcommittee of the Public Information Forum Working Group (2009, chair)
- The York Region Law Association
- The Newmarket working committee to improve the court process
- The Markham Board of Trade
Mr. Feldstein enjoys an active lifestyle which includes time with his children, skiing, and playing tennis. He loves attending a variety of live sporting events, especially professional tennis and the Toronto Maple Leafs.